Cupro Nickel Flange
Shihang is the Premier Manufacturer of Cupro Nickel Flange in China.
- 100% Meet the Standard
- Competitive Price
- Wide range of stock
- Excellent quality Cupro Nickel Flange
Send your inquiries today!
Related Products of Cupro Nickel Flange
Send Your Inquiry on Shihang Cupro Nickel Flange Now.
- 100% Meet the Standard
- Fast Delivery
- EN 10204 3.1 Certificate
- Third Party Inspection Available
Shihang Cupro Nickel Flange
Shihang is a world-class manufacturer, supplier, and exporter of excellent quality Cupro Nickel Flange for 20 years.
Shihang Cupro nickel flange is known to deliver outstanding performance and are generally manufactured for meeting the demands. We can offer you our broad range of Shihang Cupro nickel flange through a worldwide network of stock-keeping branches.
Shihang Cupro Nickel Flange
Shihang Cupro Nickel Flange is widely used in different industrial applications. You can use our Shihang Cupro Nickel Flange for power plant, ship, navy, defense, marine heat, automobile parts, silver-plated cutlery, medical equipment, and so on.
As a leading manufacturer and supplier of Cupro nickel flanges, we can provide you some best features for your Cupro nickel flanges such as high tensile strength, sturdy construction, accurate dimension, and more. We can produce different sizes and shapes for Cupro nickel flange to meet your demands.
Further, Shihang is experts in manufacturing standard Cupro nickel flange such as ANSI flanges, BS Flanges, ASME Flanges, DIN flanges, EN flanges, etc. Also, different flange face types are available for you. Whether you are looking for flate face (FF), ring type joint (RTJ), and raised face (RF), Shihang Cupro Nickel flange manufacturing factory is the best choice.
When it comes to Cupro-Nickel Flange, Shihang is a brand that comes to mind. Shihang has a highly qualified team, experienced and motivated staff in Cupro nickel flange production and sales to meet your expectations.
We offer the best quality Cupro Nickel flange which are widely demanded and used all over the world. We at Shihang ensure that all our Cupro nickel flange goes through a strict quality test before delivering them to our valued customers.
If you are interested in our Shihang Cupro Nickel Flange, please submit your inquiry now!
Cupronickel Flange: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
In this guide, you will learn everything about cupronickel flanges such as classification, pressure rating, classification, grades, and many more.
So, if you want to be an expert in cupronickel flanges read this guide.
Take a look:
What is the difference between Cupronickel Flange and Cupronickel Fitting?
Both have the same function of connecting pipes and other piping accessories in a piping system.
However, the use of copper nickel fittings is common due to their flexibility in their use, such as combining or diverting fluid flow, unlike cupronickel flanges.
Copper nickel fitting
Cupper nickel flanges are thicker and have a heavy design for their durability, and they have bolted options for tightening them on the piping system.
Copper nickel flanges
Cupronickel fitting does not have bolted options which affect their tightening mechanisms.
They are also thinner and lightweight compared to cupronickel flanges.
What is Cupronickel flange used for?
Different types of cupronickel flanges have different functions.
For instance, you can have one that connects the piping system.
Other cupronickel flanges block sections of your piping system while others are for terminating cupronickel pipe ends.
What are the Applications of Cupronickel flanges?
The main applications of cupronickel flanges are in:
- Power generation plants
- Desalination plants
- Offshore mining
- Food processing plants
How does Flanged Connection compare to Welded Connection in CuNi Pipes?
The price of a flanged connection is lower than that of welded connection and it is easy to install.
A welded connection is secure and leak tight compared to a flange connection.
You can easily disassemble a flanged connection than a welded connection since a welded connection involves cutting.
What are the Benefits of Cupronickel Flanges?
The main benefits of cupronickel flanges include:
- Ease of use including the installation process
- They offer secure and tight connections for your piping system
- They are durable because of their anti-fouling and anti-corrosion features which minimize the overall cost of maintenance.
- You can easily use them in high-temperature applications since their temperature doesn’t fluctuate.
What is the Pressure Rating for Cupronickel Flanges?
The pressure rating for cupronickel flanges varies depending on the available standard specifications.
What Stages are involved in Cupronickel Flange Manufacturing Process?
The manufacturing process differs from one type of cupronickel flange to another.
You, therefore, can have the following manufacturing procedures:
Composite slip on flange
The production process of this type involves the following steps:
- Quality testing of the raw materials for both the internal and external components of the composite slip-on flange.
- cutting the necessary dimensions for the cupronickel composite slip-on flange
- Forging and forming the cupronickel bar to form composite slip-on flange stub end.
- Cutting A105N carbon steel into the given dimensions and forging it to form the outer composite slip-on flange.
- Machining of composite slip-on flange outer layer by drilling of the bolt holes.
- Heat treatment of the internal and external parts of the composite slip-on flange
- Inspection and marking of the cupronickel to include the pressure rating, lot number, dimensional standards, and material grades.
- Packaging of the individual cupronickel composite slip-on flange in nylons before packaging them in wooden crates or boxes.
The fabrication process of a cupronickel blind flange includes:
- Quality testing of the cupronickel material for chemical composition
- Cutting of cupronickel bar to the right dimensions including the size
- Forging and shaping of cupronickel bar to the correct shape of your cupronickel flange as per the specifications.
- Machining of the cupronickel flange.
- Cupronickel flange heat treatment
- Quality testing of the produced cupronickel flange
- Cupronickel blind flange marking and packaging in nylon materials.
- Packaging of cupronickel blind flanges in wooden crates or boxes.
Quality control is necessary for every step of the fabrication process since it guarantees the quality of the final cupronickel blind flanges.
Such flanges can withstand various operating conditions, such as temperature and pressure.
Socket weld flange
The manufacturing process of cupronickel socket weld flanges involves:
- Quality inspection of raw materials including visual and dimensional checks
- Chemical analysis of the raw materials and checking on the preservation properties.
- Material cutting into the specified weight, size and surface checks
- Flange forging, including temperature control during the process.
- Flange heat treatment which involves solution treatment, normalizing and mechanical testing.
- Roll forging which includes checking the temperature, dimension, weight measurement, and material grade
- Final inspection involves visual testing, nondestructive testing, and size inspection.
- Individual packaging of the cupronickel socket weld flange in nylons before final packaging in wooden boxes or crates ready for shipment.
The productions of cupronickel threaded flange go through the following steps:
- Quality inspection of the raw materials including visual and dimensional checks
- Chemical analysis of the raw material and its preservation properties
- Cutting of the material as per the given specifications, including weight, surface checks, and markings.
- Forging of the flange. This involves temperature control during the manufacturing process.
- Heat treatment of the flange. This involves solution treatment, normalizing and mechanical testing
- Roll forging involves checking the temperature, dimensions, weight measurement, and material grade.
- Application of rust prevention measures including black and yellow paint coating
- Final inspection to check on the size and conducting visual and non-destructive testing.
- Individual packaging in nylons before final packaging in wooden crates or boxes for shipping.
Are there Limitations of Cupronickel Flanges?
You will experience a few limitations when using cupronickel flanges.
First, they are relatively expensive compared to other types of flanges.
The installation process requires a professional which may not be readily available or costly.
How can you Join Cupronickel flange to Cupronickel Pipe?
You can connect different cupronickel flange to cupronickel pipes differently depending on its end connection type.
Such types of end connection include:
· Cupronickel Blind Flange
When connecting this type of flange, the cupronickel flange and pipe should have the same number and size of holes.
You have to ensure both the pipe and flange surfaces are clean before connecting.
You have to use a gasket when connecting a blind cupronickel flange.
Check if the gasket has the same number and size of holes as the flange.
The gasket should be on top of your cupronickel blind flange before placing the flange within the cupronickel pipe.
Tighten the flange using bolts that you place within the visible holes.
· Cupronickel Composite Slip-on Flange
Connecting this type involves inserting the cupronickel slip-on flange into your cupronickel pipe while the backing flange is still open.
After this, weld the inner and outer parts of your composite slip-on flange.
The next step is pressing the backing flange to ensure you have a reliable and secure joint.
Check for any leakages around the welded area.
If there is any, weld it properly.
· Cupronickel Threaded Flange
This type of flange is easy to joint.
First, you have to check if the end of your flange ad pipe is female or male.
A male end type should connect to a female end and vice-versa.
The diameter of the cupronickel flange and pipe should also be the same.
Once you have this, you screw the ends to get a tight and secure joint, which can withstand the pressure of the fluid flow.
· Cupronickel Socket Weld Flange
Joining this type of flange involves having the correct cupronickel socket weld flange and cupronickel pipe.
This is in terms of the dimension and size.
The next step is to insert one end of the cupronickel pipe to the other end of your cupronickel socket weld flange.
You then have to push the cupronickel pipe until it reaches a few inches to the flange’s shoulder section.
After that, fillet weld the top parts of your cupronickel pipe and flange.
Use bolts to secure the cupronickel socket weld flange on the cupronickel pipe.
Check if there are any leakages before you start operating.
Which Types of Cupronickel Flanges are there?
The main types of cupronickel flanges available are:
1) Cupronickel Threaded Flange
This type of flange is common in applications:
- Whose diameter is smaller and has high pressure.
- That is highly explosive or flammable, and the use of welding causes fire. Unlike other types, cupronickel threaded flanges do not need welding during the installation process.
2) Cupronickel Blind Flange
The use of this type of flange is vital when:
- You are conducting strengthening and tightening tests on cupronickel piping system
- You are isolating individual piping system
- You are isolating devices or equipment in a piping system
- There are repair and cleaning of cupronickel piping system
3) Cupronickel Lap Joint Flange
Copper nickel lap joint flange
Cupronickel lap joint flange is of use in:
- Piping systems which go through frequent assembling and disassembling process
- In corrosive applications since it requires frequent changing for effective operations
- In somehow complicated piping systems
4) Cupronickel Composite Slip-on Flange
Composite slip on flange
The use of cupronickel composite slip-on flange is in applications that are not critical.
Such applications are characterized by low pressure and operating temperature.
They include a sewerage system, power generation, desalination plants, and offshore gas and oil plants.
5) Cupronickel Socket Weld Flange
Copper nickel socket weld neck flange
You can use cupronickel socket weld flanges in applications where:
- There are leakages due to temperature fluctuations as a result of the use of cupronickel threaded pipes
- There is a small diameter of the pipe, and the pressure is high
- The piping systems are not aligned properly
- You cannot weld the internal parts of your cupronickel piping system and flange.
What are the Standard Specifications of Cupronickel Flanges?
The main standard specifications for cupronickel flanges are:
- ASME/ANSI B16.9
- DIN Standard
- EEMUA 146/EEMUA 234
Furthermore, you can have customized standards depending on your requirements and your manufacturer.
How do Cupronickel 70-30 Flanges compare to Cupronickel 90-10 Flanges?
The main difference is in the quantity of the individual elements.
Cupronickel 70-30 flange constitutes mainly of 70% copper and 30% nickel while cupronickel 90-10 flange has 90% copper and 10% nickel.
Cupronickel 70-30 has a higher resistance to corrosion than cupronickel 90-10.
This is critical to their usage in salty applications.
Cupronickel 90-10 has a high elasticity compared to cupronickel 70-10.
Cupronickel 90-10 is mainly of use in marine applications and desalination plants.
Cupronickel 70-30 is mainly of use in demanding applications such as polluted seawater.
What should you Consider when Buying Cupronickel Flanges?
You need to consider the following factors when purchasing cupronickel flanges:
1) Cupronickel Flange Type
Different cupronickel flanges have different uses, such as connecting piping systems, redirecting, or dividing the flow of fluid.
You, therefore, have to check for the correct type that gives you service for your application.
2) Standard Specifications
A reliable cupronickel flange should adhere to the relevant standards for quality performance.
Check to ensure that the cupronickel flange meets the necessary standards.
3) Material Grades
Common material grades are cupronickel 90-10 and cupronickel 70-30.
Each material grade has its unique characteristics that make it ideal for given applications.
The material grade should provide the performance characteristics that you want for your application.
4) Size of the Cupronickel Flange
The size of your cupronickel flange should correspond to that of your piping system for a secure connection.
This is in terms of the diameter and number of threads for threaded cupronickel flange.
Also, the male threaded cupronickel flange should correspond to the female cupronickel pipe ending.
The female ending should correspond to the pipe’s male ending.
5) Pressure and Temperature Rating
An effective cupronickel flange should withstand the pressure and temperature of your piping system.
This minimizes bursting or leakages of the piping system during operation.
Are there Special Surface Finish for Cupronickel Flanges?
Yes, there is a special surface finish that you can apply to your cupronickel flanges.
· Concentric Serrated
The concentric groove in this finish has an even serration space on its surface and uses a right-angled tool to form the grooves.
· Smooth Finish
This type of surface finishing does not have any visible tool marking.
This is due to the use of a continuous spiral groove that forms the gasket surface.
The groove consists of a round-nosed tool which has a radius of 0.8mm while the feeding rate is 0.3mm per cycle and depth of 0.05mm.
The roughness range of this finish is between Ra 3.2 and 6.3mm.
It is an ideal finishing option when dealing with applications that have a lower diameter and lower operating pressure.
· Stock Finish
This involves the use of a continuous spiral groove to form the gasket surface.
A piece of round-nosed equipment that has a 1.6mm radius is responsible for generating the spiral groove.
It usually has a 0.8mm feed rate, with each revolution having a depth of 0.15mm.
This results in the surface having between Ra 3.2 -12.5mm roughness range.
· Spiral Serrated
The spiral serrated finish option uses a piece of right-angled equipment to generate a spiral groove that has a “V” geometry and 45° serration.
The main difference between spiral serrated and stock finish option is the “V” geometry.
· Coldwater Finish
Coldwater finish offers a mirror-like appearance on your cupronickel flange.
It is the best option metal to a metal surface connection since they don’t require the use of a gasket.
Why Import Cupronickel Flanges from China?
Importing cupronickel flanges from China is ideal because:
· Quality Cupronickel Flanges
You have a guarantee of the final quality of your cupronickel flanges.
This is because the manufacturing process in China takes into account all the standards.
Purchasing quality cupronickel flanges guarantees quality service for your piping system
· Cost Effective Cupronickel Flange
The cupronickel manufacturing process in China is a competitive one.
This gives you an edge when you want to negotiate for your order.
Depending on your requirements, the higher your MOQ, the more likely you will get a favorable price for your cupronickel flanges.
At Shihang, we guarantee the best prices on welded and seamless cupronickel flanges.
· Timely Delivery
Most manufacturers adhere to the timeline that you agree with them.
This gives you an advantage when you are operating your business since you can continue with your operations as you wait for your order.
How can you Test the Quality of Cupronickel Flanges?
Testing the quality of cupronickel flanges involves:
- Testing and verifying cupronickel material grade and its chemical composition.
- Controlling the quality of the forging and fabrication process of your cupronickel flange
The main test that you can carry on your cupronickel flange is:
- Magnetic particle inspection test
- Tensile test
- Ultrasonic testing
- Proof test
- Visual test
What is the Best way to Package Cupronickel Flange?
The best way of packaging cupronickel flanges entails wrapping them individually using nylon and end-capping them.
You then place them in wooden boxes or in crates, which can either be wooden or steel.
Alternatively, you can bundle package them.
How can you Measure Cupronickel Flanges?
When measuring cupronickel flanges, you need to consider its internal diameter.
The measuring process entails:
- Placing the cupronickel flange on an even surface.
- Selecting two extreme opposite bolt holes of the cupronickel flange
- Using a tape measure to measure the distance between the center of one bolt hole to the center of the other bolt hole on your cupronickel flange.
This measurement is vital in identifying the size or the part number of a given cupronickel flange.
Most manufacturers of cupronickel flanges have a cross-reference chart that you can use to select the correct size.
What is the Working Temperature of Cupronickel Flanges?
This is the ideal temperature that the cupronickel flange can work in without rupture or causing leakages to your piping system.
Working temperature differs from one cupronickel flange to another depending on the standard specifications available.
Are there Custom Cupronickel Flanges?
There are custom cupronickel flanges.
Depending on your specification, a reliable manufacturer will manufacture your custom cupronickel flange that adheres to the available international standards.
Can you Weld Cupronickel Flanges?
You can weld cupronickel flanges.
This is common in cupronickel flanges that require welding for it to have a secure connection.
How does Slip-on Cupronickel Flange compare to Lap Joint Cupronickel Flange?
They are very similar to each other and are common in an application that requires frequent dismantling for inspection purposes.
However, the design of a lap joint cupronickel flange is such that its bore and face have a curved radius for housing the stub end of a lap joint.
Does Cupronickel Flange require Spigot?
Yes, cupronickel flange requires a spigot.
However, its use varies depending on the type of cupronickel flange.
What is the Standard Size for a Cupronickel Flange?
The standard size for cupronickel flanges ranges between 1/2″ and 2”.
However, you can get a customized cupronickel flange depending on your specifications.
What is Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD) on Cupronickel Flange?
This refers to the circle’s diameter that goes through all the centers of holes available on your cupronickel flange.
Clearly, choosing a suitable cupronickel flange requires you to understand every aspect mentioned in this guide.
However, if you have additional questions or you’re looking for a suitable flange for your copper nickel pipe system, feel free to contact us.