Shihang CuNi Pipe also called Cupro Nickel Pipe, is made from Cu, Ni, Fe, Mn, Pb, S, P and Zn in different proportions. The CuNi pipes are DIN 86019, EEMUA 144 and ASME B36.19M compliant.
Shihang CuNi Pipe is dependable with excellent corrosion resistance, anti-fouling and stress resistance properties. It is a sustainable solution for marine hardware, shipbuilding, chemical industry, electric condenser tubes, air conditioning, water supply, chemical industries, etc.
Cuni pipes can be divided into cuni seamless pipes and cuni seam-welded pipes.
Cuni Pipe Specifications
Cuni Pipe Specifications : ASTM / ASME SB 111 / 466 / 7060X/ CuNi10Fe1.6Mn/ CN102
Cuni Pipe Standard : ASTM, ASME B36.19,DIN 86019, EEMUA 144,EEMUA 234,MIL-T-16420K
Cuni Pipe Size : 1/2″ TO 20′ IN,DN15 TO DN500
Outer Diameter : 15mm to 508mm
Wall Thickness : Between 1mm and 11 mm
Length : mainly 6meter or required Length
Schedule : sch10,sch40,sch80,std
Cuni Pipe Pressure Rating:
10bar, 14bar for DIN 86019
16bar,20bar for EEMUA 144,EEMUA 234
Class 200, Class 700 for MIL-T-16420K.
Types : Seamless less than 419mm ( included 419mm) / Seam Welded ( over 419mm )
End : Plain End, Beveled End, Treaded
Grades : Copper Nickel 90/10 (C70600 ), Cupro Nickel 70/30 (C71500), UNS C71640
CuNi Pipe Size Chart
Cuni pipe size chart included cuni pipe sizes, cuni pipe schedule, cuni pipe weight, cuni pipe dimension.
|Outside diameter of pipe||DIN86019|
|10 bar||14 bar|
|Outside diameter of pipe||EEMUA 144|
|16 bar||20 bar|
CuNi Pipe Weight Calculatort
CuNi Pipe Weight Calculator
Weight per KG= ( OD – THK ) * THK * 0.028
OD means outer diameter of the CuNi Pipe
THK means the thickness of the CuNi Pipe
CuNi Pipe Welding
Cuni pipes are mainly used TIG welding.
For more information, please kindly visit Copper Nickel Welding Guide
Cuni Pipe Guide
According to your unique marine applications, Shihang CuNi Pipe features 70 30 CuNi Pipe (C71500 Pipes) or 90 10 CuNi Pipe (C70600) grades. Shihang CuNi Pipe has beveled or plain ends, OD 457 seamless CuNi Pipes and greater than 457mm welded CuNi Pipes.
Shihang CuNi Pipe varies from DIN 86019 Copper Nickel Pipes, EEMUA 144 Copper Nickel Pipes, ASME B36.19 Copper Nickel Pipes to MIL-T-16420K Copper Nickel Pipes.
Shihang CuNi Pipe is trusted for different pressure applications such as for DIN86019, EEMUA 144, ASME B36.10M or MIL-T-16420 requirements.
As a leading manufacturer of CuNi Pipes, Shihang can custom make cupper nickel pipes to different thickness and length (max length 6 meters). Shihang provides CuNi pipe size chart for all its copper nickel pipes.
If you are looking for CuNi Pipe that is cost effective and easy to machine, Shihang offers CuNi 70 30 pipes.
For precise CuNi Pipe manufacturing, Shihang upgraded its plant with 55KN & 35KN Extrusion Machines, OTTO JUNKER Furnace and Quality Testing Machines, including tensile strength, hydrostatical and German brand Spectrometer testing machines.
Currently, Shihang a wide range of CuNi Pipes in stock, guaranteeing fast turnaround and our production capacity is 30T CuNi pipes per month.
Our seaworthy wooden case packing ensures all CuNi pipes are safe during transportation.
Shihang gives quality a priority and offers competitive CuNi pipe prices in the market.
Contact our team today for all your CuNi pipe needs.
CuNi Pipes: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
In this comprehensive guide, you will find answers to all questions you have about CuNi pipes.
Whether you want to lean about copper nickel pipe specification, dimensions, manufacturing process, chemical composition, benefits or uses; you will find everything here.
Let’s dive right in:
- What areCuNi Pipes?
- What is Cupronickel used for?
- Are Copper Nickel Pipes Magnetic?
- What is the difference between CuNi Pipe and CuNi Tube?
- Where do you use CuNi Pipes?
- Why is CuNi Pipes best for Sea Water Piping?
- What are the Benefits of Cupronickel Pipes?
- What are the Features of CuNi Pipes?
- Is there a Maximum Length for Copper Nickel Pipes?
- How do you Test the Quality of CuNi Pipes?
- How do you Import Copper Nickel Pipes from China?
- What is the Maximum Diameter for Seamless Copper-Nickel Pipes?
- How do you Determine the Wall Thickness of CuNi Pipes?
- What is the Pressure Rating for Copper Nickel Pipes?
- Which Copper Nickel Alloy Grades are suitable for CuNi Pipes?
- What are the End Configurations for Copper Nickel Pipes?
- What is the Chemical Composition of Copper Nickel Pipes?
- How should you Package CuNi Pipes?
- Can you Weld Cupronickel Pipes?
- How do you Cut CuNi Pipes?
- Are there Custom Copper Nickel Pipes?
- What is DIN 86019 CuNi Pipe?
- Why is CuNi Pipe Standard Important?
- Is there a difference between EEMUA 234 CuNi Pipes and EEMUA 144 CuNi Pipes?
- What are DIN 86018 Copper-Nickel Pipes?
- Does DIN 86003-1 and DIN 85004-4 apply to Copper Nickel Pipes?
- Why is EEMUA 234 Important for CuNi Pipes?
- How do EEMUA 144 CuNi Pipes compare to DIN 86019, CuNi Pipes?
- Which CuNi Pipe Fittings are there?
- Which Cupronickel Pipe Flanges can you use in CuNi Piping System?
- When should you use MIL-T-16420K CuNi Pipes?
- How do you Classify Class 200 MIL-T-16420K CuNi Pipe and Class 700 MIL-T-16420K CuNi Pipe?
- How does Seamless CuNi Pipe compare to Welded CuNi Pipes?
- What makes Cupronickel Pipes Corrosion Resistant?
- Why are CuNi Pipes Anti-microbial?
- What are the CuNi Pipes Quality Certificates?
- How does 70-30 CuNi Pipe compare to 90-10 CuNi Pipe?
- Why use Copper Nickel Pipes in Heat Exchanger Systems?
- What makes Cupronickel Pipes Resistant to Biofouling?
- How do Manufacture Seamless CuNi Pipes?
- How long does CuNi Pipes Last?
- Does Temperature Affect Cupronickel Pipes?
- How do you Produce Welded CuNi Pipes?
- How much do Copper Nickel Pipes Cost?
- What is Schedule in CuNi Pipes?
What areCuNi Pipes?
It is a tubular section made from copper and nickel as the main alloying element.
You can use CuNi pipes to transport or redirect gases, liquids, or semi-solid substances.
Remember, CuNi pipes are also called Cupronickel pipes or copper-nickel pipes.
Copper nickel pipe
What is Cupronickel used for?
Cupronickel pipes are used for transporting liquid, semi-liquid or gases from one section to another.
They are a perfect choice for salty or offshore environments.
When used in heat exchangers, they provide a cooling effect.
his is because they form a surface for heat exchange to take place.
Copper nickel pipe in seawater
Are Copper Nickel Pipes Magnetic?
Yes. Copper-Nickel pipes are magnetic.
Nickel element present in the copper-nickel has ferromagnetic properties.
This means they attract magnets, and you can magnetize them.
In fact, it is one of the few metals with magnetic properties.
What is the difference between CuNi Pipe and CuNi Tube?
The main difference between CuNi pipe and CuNi tube is in their structure.
A pipe is mainly round and hollow, while a CuNi tube can be round, rectangular, square, or oval.
The chemical properties can be the same, depending on their grade.
Where do you use CuNi Pipes?
CuNi pipes offer a wide range of applications, especially in the marine, automotive, power generation, and chemical processing industries.
Here the main uses include;
Copper nickel heat exchanger system
- Oil towers
- Freshwater tank piping system
- Gasoline tank piping system
- Offshore piping
- Heat exchangers
- Condenser system
- Marine riser
- Ballast pipes
- Valve systems
- Leg sheathing of offshore platforms
- Firewater system
- Ballast pipes
- Water and steam piping
Why is CuNi Pipes best for Sea Water Piping?
The physical and chemical properties of CuNi pipes makes them ideal for use in seawater piping.
These features include:
· Excellent Corrosion Resistance
CuNi pipes do not easily corrode in salty conditions such as seawater.
This ensures your application is durable.
· Easy Fabrication
CuNi pipes allow for easy cutting, bending, and welding.
This facilitates the fabrication process of your equipment.
· Low Expansion Rate
CuNi pipes have a low expansion rate, which facilitates its use in a high-temperature application.
This implies your connections remain intact when there is uneven expansion.
· Resistance to Bacterial Growth
CuNi pipes discourage the growth of algae, biological slimes, and mollusks, which are common in seawater.
These growths can inhibit the effective performance of your application.
· Thermal Conductivity
The thermal conductivity of CuNi pipes is relatively high, which is ideal for applications that can withstand high temperatures such as heat exchanger.
· Aesthetic Appeal
CuNi pipes have an aesthetic appeal to your equipment.
This increases its value while enhancing its cleanliness.
What are the Benefits of Cupronickel Pipes?
You can use it in a wide range of salinity applications.
This is due to their anti-corrosive characteristics.
They are durable.
This makes them ideal for use in an application that has high-temperature requirements.
Also, an excellent thermal conductivity of these pipes ensures maximum heat transfer.
You have minimal maintenance costs when you use CuNi pipes.
It is because they do not support the growth of microbial.
What are the Features of CuNi Pipes?
The key features of CuNi pipes are:
- High erosion resistance
- Excellent heat transfer
- Resistance to corrosion
- Resistance to biofouling
- Resistance to macrofouling
Is there a Maximum Length for Copper Nickel Pipes?
The standard maximum length for CuNi pipes is 6 meters.
However, we can customize the length depending on your requirements.
How do you Test the Quality of CuNi Pipes?
The process of testing the quality of CuNi pipes involves:
- Test chemical composition of raw material in our laboratory
- Control chemical composition and dimension tolerance during the production process
- Test and verify the quality of the final CuNi pipes
- Issue quality certificates, both from our third party and internal laboratory tests
- We have invested in modern testing equipment like Hydrostatical testing machine
How do you Import Copper Nickel Pipes from China?
The importation process of copper-nickel pipes from China involves the following steps:
· Identify your Manufacturer
Identification of your manufacturer means getting one who will manufacture your Copper nickel pipes as per your expectations.
Once you have identified one, you need to sign a contract that will govern the production and payment process.
The contract also needs to address ways of solving arising from its execution.
On this, you count on Shihang as your trusted copper nickel pipe manufacturer.
· Identify a Shipping Agent
A shipping agent is responsible for handling your copper nickel pipes from your manufacturer in China to your premises.
Their duties include selecting a shipping method for your cargo, paying all the customs duties, and packaging your shipment.
The method of payment between you and your shipping agent needs to be secure and transparent.
This will minimize issues arising from shipping your copper nickel pipes from China.
It is common practice that you have to pay a certain percentage to your manufacturer and the shipping agent before starting the process.
However, this depends on the contract you have with the involved parties.
What is the Maximum Diameter for Seamless Copper-Nickel Pipes?
The maximum diameter for seamless copper-nickel pipes is 419mm.
You can also get a 16mm diameter size, depending on your requirements.
Actually, Shihang has updated it’s manufacturing process to accommodate 600kg CuNi ingot while investing in a 300T hydraulic elongator.
How do you Determine the Wall Thickness of CuNi Pipes?
The process of determining the wall thickness of CuNi pipes involves subtracting the inside diameter of the CuNi pipe from the outside diameter.
This gives you a combined thickness for both walls of the pipe.
Divide this outcome by two. This gives you the size of one side of the CuNi pipe wall.
This is the wall thickness of the CuNi pipe.
You need to perform this at various points of the pipe to get its uniform wall thickness.
What is the Pressure Rating for Copper Nickel Pipes?
A copper-nickel pipe has a pressure will depend on the standard rating and application requirement.
For example, DIN 86019 Cupronickel pipes have a pressure rating of 10bar and 14 bar.
Which Copper Nickel Alloy Grades are suitable for CuNi Pipes?
The primary copper-nickel alloy grades suitable for CuNi pipes are 70-30 Copper Nickel and 90-10 Copper-Nickel.
What are the End Configurations for Copper Nickel Pipes?
You can have plain, beveled, or threaded end configurations for your copper nickel pipes.
Moreover, we can customize your end configurations depending on your requirements and the international standards.
What is the Chemical Composition of Copper Nickel Pipes?
The chemical composition of copper-nickel pipes depends on its type.
Generally, there are three types of copper-nickel pipes having different chemical compositions.
- DIN 86019
|DIN 86019 2.1972 ( CuNi10Fe1.6Mn)|
|Rem.||9.0-11.0||1.5-1.8||0.5-1.0||Max. 0.05||Max. 0.01||Max. 0.005||Max. 0.02||Max 0.05||_|
- EEMUA 144
EEMUA 144 UNS 7060X
|Balance||10.0-11.0||1.5 – 2.0||0.5 – 1.0||Max 0.05||Max 0.01||Max 0.02||Max 0.02||Max 0.20||0.30|
- ASME B36.19M
ASTM B466 C70600
|Balance||9.0 – 11.0||1.0 – 1.8||Max 1.0||Max 0.05||Max 0.02||Max 0.02||Max 0.02||Max 0.50||_|
How should you Package CuNi Pipes?
Packaging copper nickel pipe
The packaging process entails the following procedures:
Printing of relevant information, including the grade, dimension, and standard specifications.
This can either be on the individual pipes or the outer package.
Proper packaging should include capping the CuNi pipe ends and bundling them together.
However, you need to separate the individual pipes using a plastic sheet to avoid abrasion.
After that, they are placed inside a wooden box and securely locked ready for shipment.
Can you Weld Cupronickel Pipes?
You can easily weld cupronickel pipes using conventional methods.
This is because they have a metallurgical structure, and they don’t require preheating.
The main welding methods you can use on your cupronickel pipes are:
- Tack welding
- Manual Metal Arc (MMA or SMAW)
- Gas-shielded Tungsten Arc (TIG or GTAW)
- Gas-shielded Metal Arc (MIG or GMAW)
How do you Cut CuNi Pipes?
You can cut CuNi pipes using conventional cutting methods; however, oxy-fuel cutting is not ideal for this process.
Cutting tools that you can use include band saw and shears.
Are there Custom Copper Nickel Pipes?
Yes, there are customized copper nickel pipes.
You can get custom copper nickel pipes with the following specifications:
- Copper-nickel pipe cut to and size with a maximum length of 6 meters
- Threaded, bevelled or plain end configuration
- Size varies from DN15 to DN500
- Pressure rating is 10 bar and 14 bar
- Copper grade is CuNi 90/10 or CuNi 70/30
Also, you can choose from seam to seamless welded custom copper nickel pipes.
What is DIN 86019 CuNi Pipe?
DIN is an abbreviation for DeutschesInstitutfürNormung, which sets standards in the European Economic Area.
The DIN 86019 defines the standard dimensions for CuNi10Fe1, 6Mn pipes.
Besides, DIN 86019 gives a dimensional specification for seamless cupronickel tubes.
Therefore, DIN 86019 copper-nickel pipe conforms to the thickness, pressure rating, weight, and diameter as this standard requires.
Why is CuNi Pipe Standard Important?
- Manufacturers and users can choose correct dimension specifications of CuNi pipes
- Helps to increase competitiveness in the CuNi pipe manufacturing industry
- Ensures compatibility and consistency in the CuNi pipe industry
- It is easier to adopt a copper-nickel pipe to the right application
- By conforming to CuNi pipe standards, it is easier to ensure safety in copper-nickel pipe applications
- Encourages innovation and efficiency in the CuNipipe industry
Is there a difference between EEMUA 234 CuNi Pipes and EEMUA 144 CuNi Pipes?
EEMUA 234 is the new version of the copper-nickel EEMUA standard that replaced the EEMUA 144 version.
However, when it comes to dimension standards and specifications of CuNi pipes, it is virtually the same.
In most cases, you will find clients asking for either EEMUA 144 CuNi pipes or EEMUA 234 CuNi pipes.
What are DIN 86018 Copper-Nickel Pipes?
DIN is an abbreviation for DeutschesInstitutfürNormung, which sets standards in the European Economic Area.
It is a vital standard that emphasizes the design of marine and ship pipelines.
You need to apply this standard when using copper-nickel pipes in marine applications.
Marine copper nickel piping system
Does DIN 86003-1 and DIN 85004-4 apply to Copper Nickel Pipes?
These standards apply to copper-nickel pipes.
They are essential standards when dealing with copper-nickel pipes for marine applications.
Why is EEMUA 234 Important for CuNi Pipes?
EEMUA 234 standard describes the design and structure of CuNi pipes for use in offshore applications.
How do EEMUA 144 CuNi Pipes compare to DIN 86019, CuNi Pipes?
EEMUA 144 pipes are mainly used on the shipyard and offshore oil plants.
DIN 86019 CuNi Pipes are standard in seawater piping systems
DIN 86019 CuNi Pipes have a pressure rating of 10bar and 14bar.
EEMUA 144 CuNi Pipes have a pressure rating of 16bar and 20bar.
The grade for EEMUA 144 CuNi Pipes is 7060x.
The grade for DIN 86019 CuNi Pipes is CuNi10Fe1.6Mn.
Which CuNi Pipe Fittings are there?
CuNi Pipe fittings
Cupronickel pipe fittings are pipe system accessories you can use to change direction or adapt pipes to different sizes.
They come in different shapes, sizes and designs depending on the unique application requirements.
Copper-nickel pipe fittings are made from different grades of Cupronickel alloys.
The common types of CuNi pipe fittings are:
- Adapter – You can use an adapter to connect two dissimilar piping accessories.
- Union – Connects two different piping systems; however, the design is such that it allows for future disconnection.
- Elbow – It helps in changing directions in the piping system to various degrees, depending on the design.
- Cross – It has one inlet and three outlets making it easier to distribute flow.
- Coupling – You can use a coupling to connect different pipe systems.
- Reducer – It reduces the size of the pipe system.
- Tee – You can use Tee to divide or connect flow in the piping system.
- 180 ° elbow – It is a unique elbow that allows you to change the direction of flow by 180 degrees.
- End caps – It is of use on a dead end of a pipe to cover the end of a piping system.
- Stub ends – Normally butt welded to a pipe mostly in the lap joint flange.
- Saddle pipe fitting – It forms part of tee pipe fitting. They support the piping system by transmitting forces or loads to nearby structures.
Which Cupronickel Pipe Flanges can you use in CuNi Piping System?
The primary cupronickel pipe flanges that you can use in CuNi piping system include:
- Weld Neck Flanges
- Composite slip-on flanges
- Solid slip-on flanges
- Composite weld neck flanges
- Blind flange
- Socket weld flange
- Threaded flange
When should you use MIL-T-16420K CuNi Pipes?
You can use MIL-T-16420K Cupronickel pipes when dealing with applications that require high corrosion resistance, durable erosion-resistant, stress-resistance, and biofouling resistance.
Such applications include:
- Submarine piping systems
- Surface of warships
- Cooling systems
- Heat exchanger and condenser systems
- Chilling systems
- Sanitary piping systems
How do you Classify Class 200 MIL-T-16420K CuNi Pipe and Class 700 MIL-T-16420K CuNi Pipe?
In MIL-T-16420K CuNi pipes, class mainly refers to the pressure rating.
It implies that the Class 200 MIL-T-16420K CuNi pipe has a low-pressure rating than Class 700 MIL-T-16420K CuNi pipe.
Of course, the wall thickness of a MIL-T-16420K CuNi pipe will vary depending on the pressure rating.
How does Seamless CuNi Pipe compare to Welded CuNi Pipes?
|Seamless Cupronickel Pipes||Welded Copper Nickel Pipes|
|OD ranges from 16 to 419mm (maximum)||OD more than 457|
|Pipes have no seam or joint||Pipes may have a seam or joint|
|Mainly extruded and drawn from a copper-nickel billet||Manufactured from copper-nickel coils or strips|
|More expensive than welded copper-nickel pipes||Less expensive compared to seamless copper-nickel pipes|
|Strength and structure is uniform throughout the cross-section of the pipe||Uniformity of strength and structure depends on the accuracy of the rolling process and welding technique|
|Suitable for an application that requires higher pressure, mechanical stress, and temperature||Not ideal for extremely high pressure, temperature and mechanical strength|
|Manufacturing methods are mainly plug rolling mill, mandrel mill, extrusion or forging methods||Welded copper-nickel pipes manufacturing process involves forming a circular section using plate rolling, continuous rolling, or point pressing/UO methods.
Then welding the cross-section using electric resistance, electric fusion, high-frequency, or submerged arc welding techniques
What makes Cupronickel Pipes Corrosion Resistant?
The nickel material in a Cupronickel pipe is the one responsible for the corrosive resistance properties.
This is due to the low oxidation properties of nickel.
The percentage of nickel depends on the grade of CuNi pipes.
Why are CuNi Pipes Anti-microbial?
The presence of copper in CuNi pipes is responsible for anti-microbial characteristics.
CuNi pipes quickly kill or make microbes immobile and inactive.
What are the CuNi Pipes Quality Certificates?
Quality certificates ensure you purchase CuNi pipes that give you the right service and meet the international standards.
The available quality standards for CuNi pipes are:
- ASTM standards
- EN standards
- ISO standards
How does 70-30 CuNi Pipe compare to 90-10 CuNi Pipe?
The main difference between 70/30 CuNi Pipe and 90/10 CuNi Pipe is the chemical composition.
The chemical composition of 90-10 Copper Nickel Pipe is:
The chemical composition of 70/30 Copper Nickel Pipe is:
However, 90-10 copper nickel pipe is more popular than 70-30 Copper nickel pipes.
It is because 90-10 copper nickel pipe is easier to a machine and cheaper than 70-30 copper nickel pipes.
Why use Copper Nickel Pipes in Heat Exchanger Systems?
The use of copper-nickel pipes in a heat exchanger system is common due to their properties.
Such properties include:
- Ease of joining and sealing
- High thermal conductivity
- Resistance to harsh environmental conditions such as fluctuating weather conditions, salty conditions, etc.
- High mechanical strength
- Corrosion resistance
Additionally, copper-nickel heat exchanger pipes may have special features such as fins for fast heat transfer.
What makes Cupronickel Pipes Resistant to Biofouling?
At the moment, there is no specific element that has been attributed to the excellent biofouling properties of cupronickel pipes.
However, preliminary studies suggest a possibility of:
- Copper ions that do not oxidize on its protective film
- Releasing copper ions and surface film
Even with all these speculations, Cupronickel pipes offer excellent resistance to biofouling.
How do Manufacture Seamless CuNi Pipes?
The manufacturing process uses any of the following techniques:
Plug Rolling Mill Technique
Plug mill rolling technique
The plug rolling mill CuNipipe manufacturing process involves the following key stages:
- Preparing CuNi billets by cutting to size into small pieces
- Heat CuNi billets to plastic deformation temperature in a rotary furnace
- Use mandrel to pierce hot CuNibillets
- Pass the pierced billet through elongator to increase the length of CuNi pipe
- Reduce the thickness of CuNi pipe in a plug mill
- Pass CuNipipe through reelers which will smoothen and improve dimensions
- Reheat CuNi pipe then resize to improve dimensions
- SubjectCuNi pipes to heat treatment to restore microstructure
- Cool CuNil pipes and take them to straightening stage
- Inspect the quality of CuNipipe
Mandrel Mill Technique
Mandrel Mill technique uses the following primary stages:
Mandrel mill technique uses a solid round (billet) metal.
This billet is heated along a rotary hearth heating furnace.
A piercer then pierces the billet into a hollow structure.
The mandrel mill then rolls the hollow billet to minimize the outer diameter and its wall thickness.
This results in the formation of numerous mother tube length.
After that, you reheat the mother tubes to reduce it to given dimensions using a stretch reducer.
The next step is cooling and cutting of the tube before subjecting it to further finishing and inspection procedures.
This process utilizes the following steps:
- Heat the CuNi pipe
- Place the heated copper billet in a die than push it against a piercing mandrel using a hydraulic ram.
- As the billet moves through the cavity, it forms a CuNipipe.
Take the seamless CuNi pipe through various finishing operations.
The main finishing operations are heat treatment and cooling, straightening, inspection, hydro-testing, visual and dimensional inspection, and marking and packing.
It is an ideal method for manufacturing seamless CuNi pipes with high thickness.
Manufacturing CuNi pipes using forging techniques involve the following critical steps:
- Make forging die which has a diameter larger than the pipe you want to produce
- Put hotCuNi billet in the die
- With a hydraulic press, form the CuNi pipe
Once you have the CuNi pipe, take it through various finishing operations.
This includes; heat treatment and cooling, straightening, inspection, hydro-testing, visual and dimensional inspection, and marking and packing.
How long does CuNi Pipes Last?
CuNi pipes are durable and resistant to harsh environmental conditions.
Depending on the prevailing conditions, CuNi pipes have a life expectancy of over ten years
Does Temperature Affect Cupronickel Pipes?
No. temperature does not affect CuNi pipes.
CuNi pipes are dimensionally stable; thus, any fluctuation in temperature will neither affect its performance or service life span.
How do you Produce Welded CuNi Pipes?
The production process of welded CuNi pipes involves two vital stages:
Forming Circular Part of the Pipe
When forming the circular section of the CuNi pipe, you can use a rolling plate machine.
When using a top roller, the machine transforms the copper nickel strip into a circular section.
Alternatively, you can use point pressing and UO technique.
Here, the process starts by forming a “U” shape then making an “O” cross-section.
The third technique is the continuous technique.
Here, there are a series of rollers that continuously shape CuNi strip to form circular cross-section.
Welding the Circular Section to Form Copper Nickel Pipe
Once you have a CuNi cross-section, weld it to form a pipe.
You can use welding techniques such as electric resistance welding, electric fusion welding, or high-frequency welding.
After this, you will take the welded CuNi pipe through various finishing operations.
How much do Copper Nickel Pipes Cost?
Different factors affect the cost of your copper nickel pipes.
This includes the size, the grade, and type of the copper-nickel pipe.
Your negotiation with your manufacturer also influences the cost.
What is Schedule in CuNi Pipes?
Schedule (Sch) is a North American standard that refers to the wall thickness of a pipe or pipe fittings.
The higher the Sch, the thicker the walls of your pipes or its fittings.
Pipes with a higher Schusually are:
- Have more CuNi materials
- Relatively expensive
In short, CuNi pipes are a perfect choice for marine or offshore uses.
However, as you choose Cupronickel pipes, you should evaluate the dimensional standards and chemical composition, amongst other aspects in this guide.
For high quality CuNi pipe with consistent chemical composition and dimensions, contact Shihang now.