Copper Nickel Blind Flange
Shihang Copper Nickel Blind Flange is fabricated from C70600 or C71500 material, according to the ASME B16.5 specifications. It is available in both raised face and flat face.
Shihang Copper Nickel Bling Flange has a solid middle section with bolt holes evenly distributed around it. This Copper Nickel Blind Flange can be used to close or cover piping systems, vessels, tanks or valves.
Copper Nickel Blind Flange Specifications
Copper nickel blind Flange Specifications
Specifications : ASTM B151 UNS C70600, CuNi10Fe1.6Mn, 7060X
Dimensions :ASME B16.5
Standard : EEMUA Flanges, DIN Flanges, JIS Flanges, ANSI Flanges, ASME Flanges, BS Flanges, EN Flanges,
Size : 1/2″ to 24”
Class / Pressure : 150#, 300#
Flange Face Type : Flate Face (FF), Raised Face (RF),
Grades : Copper Nickel 90/10 (C70600 ), Cupro Nickel 70/30 (C71500)
Copper Nickel Blind Flange Description
Copper Nickel Blind Flange
Unlike other blind flanges in the market, Shihang Copper Nickel Blind Flange is tested and designed to seal and contain high pressure in piping systems. Our copper nickel blind flange allows for easy access to piping systems, future expansion of piping systems, cleaning and maintaining manifolds.
Shihang Copper Nickel Blind Flange is popular in shipbuilding and repair, desalination plants, power generation, seawater systems, chemical industries, etc. Our copper nickel blind flanges are designed to block piping systems, without any leakages effectively.
With years of hands-on experience in the industry, Shihang supplies a range of copper nickel flanges of different sizes, from 1/2″-24″.
We pay attention to dimensional tolerance and quality control of every copper nickel blind flange. Our engineers can custom make copper nickel blind flange, helping in CAD drawings, with no MOQ.
Shihang continues to upgrade copper nickel blind flange manufacturing facility, collaborates with third-party inspection institutions and offers quality certificates for all copper nickel blind flanges.
Presently, over 500 companies globally use Shihang Copper Nickel Blind Flanges.
Contact our technical team today for standard and custom made copper nickel blind flanges.
Copper Nickel Blind Flange Dimensions
|Outside diameter of pipe||ANSI B16.5|
Copper Nickel Blind Flange:The Ultimate FAQ Guide
- What is Copper Nickel Blind Flange?
- How do you Measure Copper Nickel Blind Flange?
- What is Cupronickel Blind Flange used for?
- How do you Install CuNi Blind Flange to a Cupronickel Pipe?
- Can you use Gaskets with CuNi Blind Flanges?
- What is the difference between Raise Face and Flat Face of CuNi Blind Flange?
- Are there Standards for Copper Nickel Blind Flange?
- What Material is Copper Nickel Blind Flange made of?
- How do you Specify Copper Nickel Blind Flange?
- What are Copper Nickel Pipe Blind Flange Dimensions?
- Which Industries Use Cupronickel Blind Flange?
- CuNi Blind Flange Should have how many Bolts?
- What is a Tapped Cupronickel Blind Flange?
- How do you Manufacture Copper Nickel Blind Flange?
What is Copper Nickel Blind Flange?
A blind flange is a solid piece of metal made from copper nickel alloy. Unlike other types of flanges, it does not have holes on its surface for a free flow of fluids (liquid or gases).
The only holes on copper nickel blind flange are for bolts that you will use to secure it to the piping system.
Figure 1 CuNi Blind Flange
How do you Measure Copper Nickel Blind Flange?
In most cases, you will describe the size of copper nickel flanges using the dimensions of the internal diameter.
However, to measure a copper nickel blind flange, you should:
- Take a tape measure, then place the copper nickel blind flange on a flat surface
- Identify two directly opposite bolt holes on the copper nickel blind flange (i.e. on the two opposite extreme ends)
- Measure the distance from the center of the first bolt hole to the center of the second bolt hole on the opposite side of the CuNi blind flange
- Once you get the measurement, you can use it to identify the size or part number of the CuNi blind flange. In most cases, copper nickel flanges manufacturers will give a reference chart or table that can help you estimate the right size.
Figure 2 Dimensions of Cupronickel blind flange
What is Cupronickel Blind Flange used for?
Copper nickel blind flange blocks a section of the piping system. Alternatively, it terminates the end of a pipe.
It implies copper nickel blind flange serves the same purpose as a pipe cap or plug.
Therefore, copper nickel blind flange is useful when you want to:
- Strength or tightness testing in copper nickel pipe systems
- Isolate certain pipe systems
- Isolate devices or equipment in a piping system
- Repair and cleaning of piping system
How do you Install CuNi Blind Flange to a Cupronickel Pipe?
- Ensure the copper nickel pipes and the Cupronickel blind flange have equal number of holes
- Clean the surfaces of CuNi pipe and copper nickel blind flange
- Place gasket on the copper nickel blind flange (remember, the gasket should have an equal number of holes matching that of CuNi blind flange and pipe)
- Put the blind flange on the CuNi pipe pr fitting and secure it using bolts and nuts
- Ensure you tighten all the bolts for a secure sealing mechanism
Can you use Gaskets with CuNi Blind Flanges?
Yes, you need a gasket to secure and tightly seal the copper nickel pipe.
It is advisable that the gasket should have the same number of holes as the copper nickel blind flange and CuNi pipe.
What is the difference between Raise Face and Flat Face of CuNi Blind Flange?
Flat-faced (FF) copper nickel flanges do not have any form of ridge or protrusion on the surface. With these flanges, the gasket has full contact with the entire surface of the copper nickel blind flange.
Raise face (RF) copper nickel blind flange are those with a section slightly raised above the area with bolt holes. The design allows you to use a range of gasket designs.
Mostly, RF CuNi blind flange has better sealability than FF Cupronickel blind flange.
Figure 3 RF vs FF
Are there Standards for Copper Nickel Blind Flange?
Copper nickel blind flanges are available in the following standard specifications:
- EEMUA Flanges
- DIN Flanges
- JIS Flanges
- ANSI Flanges
- ASME Flanges
- BS Flanges
- EN Flanges
What Material is Copper Nickel Blind Flange made of?
Copper nickel blind flanges are made from CuNi alloy grades depending on the standard specifications.
Mostly, you will find CuNi 90/10 (C70600) or CuNi 70/30 (C71500).
How do you Specify Copper Nickel Blind Flange?
Whenever you are specifying copper nickel blind flange, you should focus on the following key aspects:
- The material grade which can be CuNi 90/10 or CuNi 70/30
- Class or pressure rating
- Flange face type which can be flat-face (FF) or raised face (RF)
- The size which can vary between 1/2″ and 24”
- Standard specification
What are Copper Nickel Pipe Blind Flange Dimensions?
The dimensions of copper nickel blind flange conform to the ASME B16.5 standards.
To get specific dimensions, you can request for CuNi blind flange dimensions datasheet from the manufacturer.
Which Industries Use Cupronickel Blind Flange?
Cupronickel blind flanges are suitable for industries where corrosion, erosion and biofouling resistance is a priority, besides excellent mechanical properties.
Copper nickel blind flanges are common in desalination plants, offshore mining, shipbuilding industries, food processing plants, desalination, water distribution, and power generation plants amongst others.
CuNi Blind Flange Should have how many Bolts?
The bolts on CuNi blind flange will depend on the number of bolt holes.
Besides, it will also depend on the size of the copper nickel blind flange – larger flanges will have more bolts.
Additionally, the nature of application plays a fundamental role. For instance, a higher pressure system will require more bolts for tight and secure sealing.
What is a Tapped Cupronickel Blind Flange?
Tapped Cupronickel blind flanges are specially designed with small holes, which may be threaded. Such flanges are common in pressure testing applications.
However, when choosing these types of flanges, know their pressure and temperature ratings.
How do you Manufacture Copper Nickel Blind Flange?
Copper nickel blind flange manufacturing process involves the following key stages:
- Test quality of copper nickel material for consistent chemical composition
- Cutting copper nickel bar to the right size
- Forging and forming copper nickel bar to right size and shape of CuNi blind flange
- Machining copper nickel blind flange
- Heat treatment of copper nickel blind flange
- Cupronickel blind flange quality testing
- Marking and packaging copper nickel blind flange
- Packaging CuNi flange in seaworthy packaging for shipping
Remember, quality control is critical in every stage to produces a CuNi flange with a suitable dimension and tolerance.